*CLOSED* Is it possible to replace a turnout decoder??

Started by Roberto Lodigiani, September 17, 2020, 07:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto Lodigiani

I suspect the decoder in one turnout (Bachmann HO 44131 NS EZ Track Command Right Hand Turnout (DCC On Board) is fried.

Is it possible to purchase a replacement?
***CLOSED***
Bachmann Parts stated they do not carry replacement for the decoder.

rich1998

A suggestion would be to call the Parts department. The phone number is on the site in Parts, Service and Information. They are usually helpful.

Rich

Roberto Lodigiani

Posted by: rich1998   Posted on: Today at 12:38:01 PM
A suggestion would be to call the Parts department. The phone number is on the site in Parts, Service and Information. They are usually helpful.

Will do. Thanks.

Roberto Lodigiani

I have contacted the Parts department and they emphatically responded they do not sell replacement decoders for turnouts.

UNBELIEVEABLE! I was operating under the assumption that Bachmann was serious about model railroading. Not carrying replacement parts for their products --especially electronic components!, it is not professional.

I see many people read my problem. I also gather nobody ever encountered this problem/need. I guess I will have to spend $85 to buy a WHOLE NEW turnout. I will think twice in the future before I invest in Bachmann.

rich1998

Sorry to hear that. I have never seen how the turnout is wired for DCC so no suggestion. In the past I was prone to modifying because was a mechanic and electrician for many years.
Maybe you can fin better prices online. Check Amazon. Free shipping usually.
Good l7uck.

Rich

Len

That's why I prefer using readily available stationary decoders to operate standard switch motors.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.