News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Command

Started by Ronald, September 23, 2020, 08:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Hello, I have a couple questions that I have searched the web and cannot find the answer. I have 4 DCC remote crossovers and 1 remote turnout using a decoder for DCC. Every time I power up the crossovers all open to crossover but the remote turnout does nothing. If they are already open they do nothing, kind of a problem remembering to not park the locos on the crossover every time I shut down and remembering to close every time I start up. Almost sent 2 very good locos to the concrete yesterday. Any idea if this can be stopped? using EZ Command

The other question concerns the EZ command I/O Port. The manual has no info and was curious if I connect another EZ Command what would happen? Would it work as a another throttle, I assume it would not allow me to program 8 more locos and turnouts. Also is there a specific cable needed, searched for one and nothing.

Thanks in advance.

rich1998

All I can tell you now is you can only use one EZ Command at a time, NOT two.

Edit. The I/O might have been for the 44907 Walk Around Companion unit no longer available. Maybe ebay.
You can plug in a Bachmann power pack and run a DC loco but they buzz.
If a loco takes off there is a CV you can change but not with the EZ Command. The dual mode decoders can do that. Many disable the dual mode capability.
You did say a couple locos almost left the layout. Guessing.
I do not have the EZ Command.

Rich.

rich1998

If you need a better DCC system, do a search for, dcc controller comparisons.  Many can connect with a PC or smartphone or iPad.
Bachmann has a system.

There are many out there. Various prices online and specs.
Many opinions also.

Rich

Ronald

Hi Rich,

Not really looking to upgrade, I actually like EZ Command. I have been able to run 3 locos with sound, 2 without and a PCC street car all at the same time with no issues and not notice any change in speed. Was just curious on the I/O and the DCC turnouts. The only problem with the EZ Command for me is the limit of 8 locos and turnouts.

rich1998

Yes, I have noticed some here do well with the EZ Command like you. As you know, it is a starter system with limitations.
All I know is there are instructions for the DCC turnouts on the Information page I saw once.

Rich

Trainman203

I like manual switches.