News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My Return to On30 Railroading

Started by RailMan63, September 29, 2020, 07:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailMan63

Well, I swore that it was the end when Bachmann Customer Service replaced my original On30 4-6-0 locomotive with a locomotive and tender frame that was even more broken than the original locomotive and tender frame that I had sent to them for warranty repairs.
I was really annoyed at them, and who could blame me?
Their warranty repair services have apparently gone downhill over the last few years,or so, and this was not the acceptable standard of customer care that I had come to expect from them over the last 15 plus years of owning their G , HO,and now On30, scale trains.
I was extremely disappointed to say the very least ! Bitterly so.
So, I decided to sell the one that they returned to me.
It was sold shortly thereafter on Ebay. I did get most of my money back on it, so that worked out.
I had really enjoyed that little locomotive with the MRC Loco Genie DCC system that I had installed in it.
I thought about it,,and decided to give the Bachmann On30 4-6-0 another shot.
So, I bought another one on Ebay, along with a brand new MRC Loco Genie DCC system, with remote, to go with it.
I'm just going to have to baby it, and leave it connected to its' tender at all times in order to (hopefully) avoid breaking any wires in the future.
I may have to find ,or build a special, box for it , but C'est la vie !
Sometimes you have to do what you have to do in order to enjoy certain things in life, and,for me,this little loco is one of them.
Video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9rt7HBiXh8&feature=youtu.be