Default to No-sound on Power-On? Or Stay Silent After Shutdown?

Started by Chuck_S, October 24, 2020, 03:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck_S

Hi Y'all --

Any CV settings to tell a locomotive to be silent after shutdown until I activate it?

Just started with sound equipped locos in DCC. 

Acting like a 12-year old boy with a VISA card I now have several Bachmann sound equipped locos  Every one of them cranks/steams up as soon as I apply power to my MRC Advance2 DCC system.  All the sound is "deafening" (exaggeration) and confusing.  I've figured out how to reduce the sound levels of individual locos and how to turn them off (silent) one-by-one with F8 but what I'd really like is for them to just "shut up" after shutdown until I ask them to do something.  If I do something stupid like derail and cause a short the sound system in every Bachmann loco fires up again even if they were sitting quietly on a siding.

My only non-Bachmann loco has an XL Systems, Inc. decoder that shuts down and just waits patiently and silently until I wake it.  Loco won't even move until I wake it with F8.  Power reset like my weekly derails doesn't bother it nor does powering down the complete system.

-- Chuck

sumfred

On the Ecconami equipped engines, set CV 113 to a value higher than 0 (default) This will enable sound only after engine is selected and starts moving. The higher the value (up to 255) the longer the sound stays on after the engine is de-selected. Of course the sound can be silenced with F8 and it will stay off, even if the power to the track is shut off and back on.
Fred

Chuck_S

Thanks, I've set CV113 to 10 on a trial basis.  So far, so good!

Added:  Got 5 out of 6 fixed.  The 4-6-2 K4 "Sound Value" doesn't want to cooperate and starts breathing hard as soon as the layout if powered on.  CV113 is not documented in the spec sheet for this loco I downloaded from Bachmann.  All the others locos stay mute when the power is switched on until told to do something so it's at least livable.  

More added  ;D :  Located the Econami user's manuals and technical manuals:

https://soundtraxx.com/manuals/econami-digital-sound-decoder

CV 113:Quiet Mode Time-Out Period

-- Chuck