News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Lose wires connector between loc and tender

Started by treingastNL, October 10, 2020, 08:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

treingastNL

A friend of me bought earlier this year some Bachman trains.
From one of these locs, the 2-6-0 Steam Denver & Rio Grande Western #138 (DCC On Board), the 6 wire cable between the loc and the tender has several wires disconnected from the 6 pin JST connector due to a stupid action of him.
He painted the loc and tender in the colors he wanted, but handled the connection cable to rough.

As I also am a model train hobbyist and do modifications and repairs as much as possible myself, I offered to have a look at it.
Contacting the Bachman parts dept they suggested me to buy following part, but they could not answer one question about it.
https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_91&products_id=11194
I already bought SLT 6-pin connector/cable 1 mm pitch and 1.5 mm pitch. One was too small (the SH type), second (the ZH type) to big.
So it must be either 1.2 (ACHFR) or 1.25 mm pitch and neither part dept and a tech guy knew if this part is the right (1.2 /1.25 mm pitch) for the cable between the DCC sound ready card in the tender and the above mentioned steam loc.

If I cannot find a correct replacement cable with 6-pin connector, I have to try to solder the wires to the connector but that is not easy.
Also I wonder if that will be strong enough due to the constant bending of cables in turns and so.

Hope somebody knows if the suggested replace part is the correct 1.25 mm pitch one.

Thanks,
Bob

treingastNL

Is there anybody knowing if the cable mentioned is the correct 6 pin cable with the correct pin pitch size?
Bachman spares themselves suggested to contact this forum as they couldn't tell me.

The thing is that the cable mentioned as an actual spare part in the spare part list for this loc, is an 8 pin connector/cable.
But as the loc only has a 6 pin connector....

So I do hope somebody can assure that the suggested cable will work.
Sending it from the US to Europe will also take some time, so I do hope to know more soon.
This friend wants to use the loc again to enjoy together with his kids.

Greetz, Bob