News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Bachmann stock will not stay coupled

Started by jimdavis88, October 12, 2020, 10:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimdavis88

I have brand new Bachmann rolling stock and they continually come uncoupled. Everything is brand new and brand new flat track. They come uncoupled but not at the same place. I checked the couplers height and they are all exactly the same height. I read on another message board that one guy simply throws away the Bachmann couplers as junk and replaces them with Kadee. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

WoundedBear

I can't knock the Bachmann couplers. Most of my 10 plus year old Bachmann engines are still using the EZ Mates they came with. A few have stretched out and have been replaced.

Sometimes I replace with KaDees but I also keep a stock of EZ mates on hand too.

Not sure why you are experiencing such grief. Have you called service?

Sid

jonathan

Original EZMate couplers have the plastic tension spring which can wear out. EZMate IIs have a metal spring--that style works great.

Never had a problem with EZMate IIs. Though, I tend to put Kadees in all my equipment.

Running on 18" radius track can cause uncoupling, especially if equipment is over scale 40' long.

Regards,

Jonathan

Len

If they are Mk-II's, make sure the springs that hold the knuckle closed are in place where they belong. I've had a few cars that came out of the box with the spring a bit out of place. It looked like it was there, but one end was off the pin that holds it and a coil was caught holding it in place. It would couple, but then come loose at random locations.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jward

I run mine until they cause problems then I replace them with Kadee 148s. They are a drop in replacement, and being metal they are far more robust.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA