News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis Ultima System

Started by Gary Allen, October 10, 2020, 11:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Allen

I'm getting ready to purchase a second train.  My layout contains 5 turnouts and 2 crossovers.  I want to control one train while my grandson controls the other.  I want each of us to be able to control the turnouts and crossovers.  It appears the only way to provide this functionality is via the Dynamis Pro System which appears to be a standard Dynamis System with the Pro equipment added on.  I now see that there is a Dynamis Ultima System that combines both and adds additional capability.  But it appears to be available only in Europe.  Does anyone have any info on this system?  Will it be made available in the US?

Quentin

This thing?
https://www.ebay.com/c/2255559799

I found it on ebay with a quick search.
$323.65 with $25 shipping.
Ships from wherever the heck "Fenton Barns, East Lothian" is.
It can be shipped to the USA, which means this "East Lothian" is somewhere in Europe.
Estimated shipping time is 30 days, which means it's probably by plane then truck.
If you're gonna buy, there are ONLY 6 LEFT!
Also, the item comes off ebay on November 8 of this year, so you'd better hurry if you're gonna buy (even though it's October 10th lol).
TimeTunnelModels is selling this piece.
56 of these have been sold. They're going fast.
Number just went up to 57. They are literally flying off the shelves.

This piece is the only one that ships to the USA. If you wanna buy this, you're gonna wanna buy it here.

-Quentin

BTW, it's brand new! Never been opened.
We're...
A...
GREAT BIG ROLLIN RAILROAD, one that EVERYBODY KNOWS

jward

Any full featured DCC system will do what you want it to do. There are some that are in the same price range as EZ Command. You will, however, need to add an additional throttle to any system you choose.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Terry Toenges

Time Tunnel Models has it on their website for for 219 British Pounds ($285.83 US Dollars.)
https://www.timetunnelmodels.com/live/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?search_in_description=0&osCsid=dk7ehbol3j02dei6spucocqcm3&keywords=36-504RC
There are other companies that have it listed on their websites cheaper than that Ebay price.
By the way - Time Tunnel Models is in - Unit 3, Fenton Barns Retail Village, North Berwick, EH39 5BW, United Kingdom
Feel like a Mogul.

Gary Allen

I'm wondering if the power is compatible (same NEMA plug, 60 Hz vs 50 Hz, 110 V vs 220 V, etc.).  I'm also wondering why it isn't being marketed by Bachmann USA.

Quentin

Bachmann usa might think that they're too special lol.

Who knows.

-Quentin
We're...
A...
GREAT BIG ROLLIN RAILROAD, one that EVERYBODY KNOWS

Hunt

This has been called to my attention,
Quote from: Gary Allen on October 10, 2020, 11:47:26 AM
I'm getting ready to purchase a second train.  My layout contains 5 turnouts and 2 crossovers.  I want to control one train while my grandson controls the other.  I want each of us to be able to control the turnouts and crossovers.  It appears the only way to provide this functionality is via the Dynamis Pro System which appears to be a standard Dynamis System with the Pro equipment added on.  I now see that there is a Dynamis Ultima System that combines both and adds additional capability.  But it appears to be available only in Europe.  Does anyone have any info on this system?  Will it be made available in the US?

Q: Will it  be made available in the US?

A: NO --- Not unless Bachmann USA changes its 2016 decision.  Bachmann's ANSWER in 2016, "Just a business decision on our part. Dynamis was a product developed by Bachmann U.K. and we gave it a try. The U.S. market is not as accepting of infrared systems as the European market is. Bachmann is currently focusing on other control system projects such as Bluetooth and improving our E-Z Command system. The new Dynamis product will make it's way here via online dealers and the online marketplace."

Q: Does anyone have any info on this system? 

A: Click Here   Dynamis Ultima DCC System With Evaluation RailController.  Product description and link to product document, Bachmann Europe Plc website.

note: This system uses infrared thus requiring unblocked line of sight between throttle on command station or control is lost.

Suggest you consider a DCC system from NCE or Digitrax if you are going to require lots of How-To-Use  product support.

Len

"...and improving our E-Z Command system."

I wonder if the will mean ading the ability to read & program CV's besides the address?

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

rich1998

And connecting to a computer to use JMRI but technology is changing rapidly.

Rich

Hunt

Quote from: Len on October 11, 2020, 06:25:05 PM
"...and improving our E-Z Command system."

I wonder if the will mean ading the ability to read & program CV's besides the address?

Len

Observe since 2016,

• No changes to the E-Z Command Control Center capabilities.
  • The addition of Bachmann factory installed full feature OEM TCS (Train Control System) WOW decoders to some Bachmann models.  This allows CV programming using the TCS decoder's Audio Assist programmer when using the E-Z Command Control Center

PLUS...

Bluetooth project has been dormant except for release of some locomotive models and train sets factory equipped with the with the E-Z App circuit board.  No circuit board or firmware upgrades.   The E-Z App circuit board has been added to online parts.

Link to the E-Z AppĀ® User Guide https://e-zapptraincontrol.com/ does not contain what it is supposed to. Looks like it may have been hacked.

Gary Allen

It looks to me like the EZ App will control only the train and not the turnouts.  Don't see much good in that.  Navigating the train through the various turnouts and crossovers is the fun part to me.  Of course my train sits on my wife's dining room table; no artistic landscaping for me.  Finally found a good use for the dining room.