News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Gears for Rail Truck

Started by The Scotsman, October 14, 2020, 06:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Scotsman

Does anyone have a set of gears for the G scale Rail Truck ? they come in a cast metal housing. Bachmann doesn't have them available anymore, or do you know any after market items that would work. Thank you

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi,

I can only suggest that you measure each gear, count the teeth, and then contact NWSL.com and see if they can help you.

If you are successful, please come back to the forum and fill us in as this would benefit many members.

Thanks and good luck,

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

The Scotsman

Thank you Bill, the gears are a bit mashed, it might be hard to get an accurate count, and that wee hole in the center for mounting. of bigger concern would be the angle or skew of the gears the teeth are not cut at 90 degrees to the axle.thanks for your reply I'll see what I can do.

Loco Bill Canelos

NWSL does carry skewed gears as well as the 90 degree types maybe you could send them some pics and do the best you can with the gear count.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

The Scotsman

thanks again Bill I'll see what I can come up with. I notice your bio says Roundhouse foreman.  I used to live in a small town in eastern Oregon, Huntington, they still have a large yard, and did have a roundhouse, unfortunately it was torn down before I moved there, though the locals tell me it was quite a sight. you must have some grand memories.Again thanks for your help.