News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Forney Sound adjustment help!

Started by Sierra John, December 27, 2007, 11:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sierra John

I am asking for some help regarding my sound equipped Forney. I have an MRC Prodigy Advanced and just got a Bachmann factory sound equipped Forney. I am a complete novice when it comes to DCC and openly admit binary codes are waaay over my head. I would like to make some adjustments to the sounds of my Forney. Specifically, I would like to:

1. Reduce the volume of the air pump.

2. Increase the volume of the exhaust.

3. Increase the number of exhaust "chuffs" per wheel revolution.

Any help on how to do this would be greatly appreciated. I am about 2.75 hours from the nearest hobby shop and would welcome any help on this.

Thanks,

John

max (uk)

Firstly you need to know how to edit your CV's on your controller. I cant help with that as i use Dynamis.

Once you know that its easy. Open up the box of your forney and take the plastic casing out, then the sheet of card at the bottom. There is the manual with a including CD put the CD into you computer were the PDF file will open up. Someware in this long manual there should be a List of CV numbers in a table explaining what they do.

I hope that helps you. I am to just starting in DCC myself and have one of these stunning sound Forneys. Maybe we can learn together.   :)

Sierra John

:(

Not to worry about my request for help on programming. After just three days my brand new Forney has developed a chronic problem which indicates time for a return. It has started running sporadically. The sound works fine at all times (chuffing increases along with throttle increase). Sometimes it will not start without a nudge on first start up. Will also do this when reversed after stop. I have tried various track segments including an isolated test track. Same results every time. It seems to be getting worse, so I assume something along the lines of loose connections somewhere or maybe...

Anyway, for any of you who either offered suggestions or were going thanks, but no need.

John