News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Big Hauler?

Started by lrparks, December 27, 2007, 04:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lrparks

I'm not sure how to ask this since this is a Bachmann forum, but I was wondering how the 4-6 Annie Big Haulers compare to the new Aristocraft C-16 2-8-0. I like the looks of the C-16 a little better, but am more loyal to Bachmann. The C-16 is a little more expensive and I'm not sure if this is due to more durable mechanisms or if it has more options included. I wish Bachmann made a C-16. 

altterrain

The C-16's are very nice locos (I have two). They are quite a bit smaller than the ten wheeler because the C-16 was a small loco and it is only 1:24 scale (compared to the 1:22.5 of the 4-6-0). It will pull a couple more cars than the 4-6-0 and over all quality is just better (like Spectrum locos). The C-16 with the new stronger drive train and smokers will be out in a few months and I would hold off any purchases until then. You can see the preproduction units on the aristo website front page (scroll down to near the bottom).

-Brian
President of

the Bach-man

Dear IR,
I like the C-16s as well (I have four). You'll be happy with either loco, but happier still with both!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

grumpy

Are the C-16's suitable for 4.0" diam curves.
Don

Great Western

Hi Don,

The Aristo web site recommends that of a 5ft. minimum rad. be used.

Although this is the Bachmann place they are in fact the importers of Aristo-Craft products into the UK.  Both companies have a good working relationship.   Notice that The Bachmann was not partisan when mentioning this C-16.   ;D

Best wishes,    Alan

grumpy

My layout is very small and all curves are 4.0' . I had  thought of purchasing
a C16.
Don

Great Western

Hi Don again,

I don't have a C-16 yet.   When the next consignment hit these shores I may get one - the black D&RGW one   8)

The guys who do run C-16;s can tell you if the will do a 4ft., but if they don't then maybe the small Rodgers tender loco may be an alternative or a Porter.

My only two steam outline locos are Annies, other locos are diesels.
Best wishes,    Alan

grumpy

I have those already. I also have the Bachman anniversary specials WP&Y and the Mogul. The Mogul is  so well detailed that it may just remain on the shelf.I am as much of a collector as a runner of good looking locos
but what I collect must be able to run on my layout.
Don