News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

What plug do I need?

Started by Busterj11, October 23, 2020, 09:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busterj11

Hi all,I'm brand new to this site and need some help so I can help my dad out.he has a transformers but it has a 2 pin plug on it which here in the uk we have 3 pin plugs,can someone tell me what plug to buy so he can use the transformer please . I'm thinking the voltage will have a major part of what plug he buys .

Thanks in advance
C

Trainman203

Wouldn't a local electrician be able to help?

Quentin

Quote from: Trainman203 on October 23, 2020, 10:27:13 AM
Wouldn't a local electrician be able to help?
AN electrician should be able to, yeah.

There are a few other options too, though. You can buy a 2 plug to 3 plug adapter, which can be cheaper (sometimes). Or, you could just replace the plug with a British plug. I do not know what type you would need, though. That's where you would need the electrician.

-Quentin
We're...
A...
GREAT BIG ROLLIN RAILROAD, one that EVERYBODY KNOWS

Terry Toenges

Here is one way to go. It's on Amazon. There are others on Amazon too. It will convert the 110 volt US equipment to be able to use the 220 volt British electric if you are wanting to use a US transformer. You have to change the voltage not just buy a different plug and this does that. Your Mum could even use it if she wanted to buy a US hair dryer. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/VCT-VOD100UK-Voltage-Converter-Countries/dp/B0013E41T8/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=us+to+british+step+down+voltage+convertor+plug&qid=1603510420&s=electronics&sr=1-9
Feel like a Mogul.