table set up for G scale indoor train for newbies.

Started by Rockie53, October 24, 2020, 08:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockie53

As a train loving Grandma, I thought it would be cool to set up a G scale train for them to imagine with, indoors.....fortunately I had enough room with a few furniture rearrangements, but could not find lumber to make a table for the 8"2"x 4' 3" track.  Standard lumber is 8x4....after days of internet pecking trying to avoid very costly avenues, I found a ping pong table, regulation size on Walmart's site.  The train fits perfect allowing for plenty of set up area inside the loop.  Its not fancy and professional, but for the grandkids, it'll be fun. We are going to attempt to make somewhat to scale buildings of their houses out of cardboard,and I will be trying to make little figures of them and family in polymer clay to set round about.  Because the table alone takes up 9 ft by 5' ,I will probably make up seasonal settings for the train, Valentines express, Easter Hop, Summer Safari ,Fireworks ramble, Pumpkin Patch jaunt,  Haunted Train detour, Turkey ramble and of course, Christmas express.  Here's a link to the table if anyone else is searching>   
   https://www.walmart.com/ip/MD-Sports-Official-Size-15mm-4-Piece-Indoor-Table-Tennis-Accessories-Included-Blue-White/39073011