Nevada Northern on Tavel channel right now

Started by Terry Toenges, November 05, 2020, 09:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

Travel channel is doing a ghost investigation special at the Nevada Northern Railroad right now.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

The whole ghost thing was kind of iffy to me. I watched mainly for the railroad stuff. We were out there at Nevada Northern in '87 I think it was.
These guys have these "ghost meters" where they can talk to the ghosts. Huh? I found myself wondering who invented these machines they had and how they would actually test something like that. Do they have their quality control ghost that they test them on? How do they know they are really getting ghost readings or ghost words? I know there is some electro-magnetic field stuff they use and thermal imagining stuff. I'm still not convinced.
The one meter had words that showed up on it that were supposedly from ghosts. One time the words "wagon" and "England" showed up. The one guy said that was because of the old wagon trails out there. I thought that this guy was clueless because I know that in England they call train cars "wagons". I learned that from people on the Bachmann Board. :)
I found out that 18 people were killed there over the years. One guy got caught between two cars as the train was backing up to couple. He said the coupler went right through the guy. The guy was alive but the close coupling kept him from bleeding out right away. They called his family to come down so they could talk and say their good byes. Then, they had to move the train to get him out and when the train pulled forward he died right away.
Feel like a Mogul.

Trainman203

Yeah, I also negatively view superstition-based chain-jerking stuff like that show. That bunch did a piece awhile back on the abandoned Long Leaf lumber operation down here in Louisiana.  It was BS to the max but there were a few good shots of the steam engines and other equipment surviving there.

Terry Toenges

It was the first time I had ever watched one of their shows. I guess there are people who actually believe their stuff and their "ghost meters". I found it more amusing than anything with the gadgets (ghosts) talking to them.
Feel like a Mogul.