Using 2 Bachmann DCC EZ Comand Controllers

Started by RustyNail, November 08, 2020, 01:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyNail

Hello.  I am building a duel level 24' x 14' layout.

Currently the system is using Bachmann DCC EZ Command Controller with a Bachmann Walkaround Controller.

My question is:  Without adding the Bachmann Power Booster,  can I add a second DCC Controller to the upper level with the same address for all the same engines.  I will isolate the upper and lower section, so there are no power issues.  Trains, not in operational status, will be isolated to track with power removed.

I feel the one controller will not power both sections with several trains in operation.

Thanks.  Rusty Nail

rich1998

Welcome.

To my knowledge, one controller at a time.
Shop around for better booster prices if you need a booster or get a better DCC controller.
I would suggest a better DCC controller to change CV's which the EZ Command will not do.
Last I knew, you cannot reset a wonky decoder with the EZ Command. A decoder does get wonky at times.

Rich

Len

If you plan to isolate the levels using typical gaps, you will run into problems when loco wheels bridge the gaps if you are using two controllers. Better to just get a booster if you feel your basic system doesn't have enough power.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.