News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wire Strippers

Started by BobZ, October 25, 2020, 12:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobZ

Does anyone make a wire stripper that can be used on the 3-wire plugs that come with the ez track turnouts? I have many turnouts and need to cut the wires (green wires) between the turnout and the controller to make my own extensions. I've made some using 4-wire phone cable and crimped connectors.  The problem has been getting a good stripped end on the green wire that can be inserted into the telephone connector. Thanks.

WoundedBear

One wire at time between your front teeth......bite down a bit and pull.....or burn the ends back with a lighter.

Sid

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

rbturner

If you're using a 'Scotchlok' type of connector where you insert the wires and squeeze a disc down to make the connection; you don't need to strip the wires.

That style of connector is an "IDC" type.  (insulation displacement connector)
Acts 2:38

momotrain

i found my stripper on a german page. It is some kind of guide about strippers, only the wire kind  ;D
https://www.werkzeugpilot.de/abisolierzange-test/ Especially the part about which criteria are important helped me  a lot. Using google translate it is quite easy to get the gist. I hope the guide can help you.