News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Motorized Turntable

Started by kevincasey, October 30, 2020, 10:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevincasey

for DCC operation, the instructions say to remove the supplied 8-pin dummy plug - what plug is it? the black one or the green one? - both the black plug and the green plug are on the "motherboard" - the diagram on the instructions are not clear enough for me - I already have the EZ Command Control Center controller, and installed per their instructions, but cannot get it going

Terry Toenges

This is what mine looks like. I know the photo is blurry. That is where the decoder plugs in. You have the power going to the #4 track (4th one clockwise from the motor) right?
Feel like a Mogul.

rich1998

Very good Terry. I did notice if I right click on the photo I see, View Photo and a larger photo pops up. Plus it is the only 8 pin connector.

Rich

Terry Toenges

Yes. I don't see any other connectors. I try to downsize my photos so they don't take up so much room on here. When I copy the address between the brackets, sometimes it shows the width and height in pixels and I can reduce those numbers by 1/3 or 1/4. It doesn't always show the numbers though and I don't know why that happens.
Feel like a Mogul.

rich1998

That photo was just fine. Like I said, when I right clicked on it, my laptop gave me a pop up window and one option was to View Photo. And I saw a Plus to make the photo larger. No problem. You did fine.

Rich

kevincasey

Gentlemen, thank you for your responses and photos - I have an N scale turntable, and I want to run it in DCC - I have the Bachmann DCC decoder - the installation instruction sheet with diagram is not clear enough for me - it tells me to remove the 8 pin dummy plug - do I have to unscrew the "motherboard" to access the 8 pin dummy plug? I did unscrew the 2 tiny screws to access underneath, but there nothing there I recognize -  what's the fix?

I did reference the manual thru the link provided, and that's in HO scale, and the photo was helpful - hopefully I can get this turntable in DCC mode - it works well for analog mode

jward

N scale decoders might use a 6 pin plug instead.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

rich1998

Quote from: kevincasey on November 02, 2020, 06:33:40 AM
Gentlemen, thank you for your responses and photos - I have an N scale turntable, and I want to run it in DCC - I have the Bachmann DCC decoder - the installation instruction sheet with diagram is not clear enough for me - it tells me to remove the 8 pin dummy plug - do I have to unscrew the "motherboard" to access the 8 pin dummy plug? I did unscrew the 2 tiny screws to access underneath, but there nothing there I recognize -  what's the fix?

I did reference the manual thru the link provided, and that's in HO scale, and the photo was helpful - hopefully I can get this turntable in DCC mode - it works well for analog mode

Next time put ALL the info in your message. Call the phone number for the Service center in the Parts, Service and Information page. They can tell you.

Riich