Looking to use HO EZ-Track with Bachmann Flex Track

Started by Dr TaNaKa, November 04, 2020, 10:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr TaNaKa

Hello All

I am looking to use Bachmann Flex Track with Bachmann EZ-Track.  Could anyone recommend a roadbed type to use for this?

Thank You

Donald

WoundedBear

Trainman203

Most cork roadbed doesn't align properly heightwise with EZ track.  The Midwest product does?  Boy would that be great.  One of my worst decisions ever was mixing Atlas track with EZ track.  Vertical alignment is nightmarish.

WoundedBear

So shim the thinner one with a bit of cereal box card stock. Not everything has to line up within a thousandth of an inch.

Model railroading is not difficult.

Sid

Trainman203

No it's not, but can't use cardboard for anything down here because of the humidity.  Basswood is better. Or ice cream sticks which the grandchildren endlessly provide.  But it's still an aggravation to deal with that Bachmann created unnecessarily.  I'm retired.  I had enough aggravations while working.

Len

I went the opposite route when I built a display layout a while back. I used a sanding block to taper down the full length of the connecting pieces of EZ-Track until they lined up with the track on the cork.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Dr TaNaKa

Ralph S

Interesting post.  I'm working with both old flex track and going to include the E-Z track.  The way I'm working these two is to have a transition.  That is, all the Yard track is E-Z track and all the Flex track is everything else.  The transition is drainage truss bridge from the main lines to the yard lines.  then there is a girder bridge from the yard lines to the main lines, an so forth and so on.  The bridge will provide the millimeter change from flex to E-Z and back again. 

Hope this helps.