News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann EZ App

Started by plint, November 08, 2020, 03:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plint

Do these engines run on normal DCC (Digitrax Zephyr) or do they run by the app only ?  They do have sound, right?
tnx
By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.

plint

I just an answer in a search.  The answer is no, they are 2 different systems.  Is this right?
tnx

rich1998

I believe so. There is an EZ App forum. It should describe the system. All that I read in another forum, completely different.

Rich

plint

Thanks, I'll stay with DCC.

jward

You can power them with DCC, but control is through the app.

Blue Rail, which partnered with Bachmann on EZ App, is marketing  a bluetooth controlled DCC decoder. It sounds like that is what you're looking for.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

rich1998

Some call it dead rail. No wiring needed. You do have to charge the battery.

Search for Blue Rail. There is a section for using it with Bachmann locos. I was just at the site.

Rich

jward

Quote from: rich1998 on November 09, 2020, 11:19:00 AM
Some call it dead rail. No wiring needed. You do have to charge the battery.

Search for Blue Rail. There is a section for using it with Bachmann locos. I was just at the site.

Rich

Dead rail is completely different from Blue Rail. Dead rail runs battery powered locomotives on unpowered track. Bluetooth is just one of the ways dead rail locomotives can be controlled.

Different Blue rail boards are capable of controlling dead rail, DC or DCC powered locomotives via Bluetooth. EZ APp acts as an overlay on top of whatever you power your layout with, and operates independently of any DCC locomotives you may have. The latest generation Blue rail boards are actualy DCC decoders that receive their commands via Bluetooth instead of through the rails. The control signal should be much less susceptable to corruption than traditional DCC.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

rich1998

They can operate from a battery also. That would make it a dead rail. The downside is battery charging some have said.

Blue Rail. The boards can be powered by any standard power source: DC, DCC, AC, or battery. I was just at the Blue Rail site. Quite nice ivf you like new technology.
I am sure Bachmann is probably different.

Rich