News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N Scale DCC Conversion

Started by and_salv, November 11, 2020, 11:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

and_salv

Hello all! Is anybody thinking of converting their new Bachmann N scale Thomas/Percy to DCC? or has someone already done it? I would like to do this to mine once I receive them, but I'm not sure if it's possible, so please share, we'd love to hear it, and better yet see it! Thanks!

BGM Reviews

I am not sure if I will be getting them quite yet.  But I think it would be possible, if you found the right decoder.

I used the dz123 in all my HO scale DCC conversions, this is probably one of the smallest ones on the market.
https://www.digitrax.com/products/mobile-decoders/dz123/

If I do decided to purchase them, I will definitely attempt a DCC conversion.

rich1998

Good choice.
Some years ago I used a DZ125, no longer made and it worked very well.

Rich

and_salv

I'll certainly look into that decoder once I get mine. Too bad they didn't make this range like the UK OO scale Thomas range which will be DCC ready though. That would've been awesome. Still really excited for it and seeing where the N scale range will go. Hopefully, I'll be able to convert all to DCC.

rich1998

the DZ sizes are on the internet. Watch out. With or without a eight pin plug. Depends on how you order them. I know you can cut the plug off. Good for one amp. I have used them for HO scale.
The DZ125 are still on ebay. Free shipping.

Rich

thewizard

Check out the DZ126T. It's even smaller!

rich1998

The beauty of a search will show you a photo pf the exact size with dimensions.

Rich