News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Pennsylvanian Big hauler Light issue

Started by hosealmond, November 14, 2020, 05:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hosealmond

Hello everyone. I bought a used but in very nice physical condition Pennsylvanian big hauler recently thru ebay.  Set up the track and hooked the tender car to the engine with the single cable.  I get sound but didnt see the front light come on. I noted one of the wires was loose from the white plastic piece that plugs into the engine from the tender. I do hear sound when the train moves but no light. Does anyone here have this particular train and has experienced this? I don't see a separate plug for light so assume the light and sound is thru the one cable coming from the tender. I just want to be sure im not missing something as far as a switch or something. Thanks...

Joe Zullo

The 2 wire cable you are referring to is only for the sound system. These early model 4-6-0 locos did not have a working light on the tender. Only the head light was operational. The bulb in the head light is probably burned out. You need to replace it.

hosealmond

Thanks for the response. That makes sense I did note that where cable plugs in it says sound but thats it. Would it be possible to order a bulb from Bachmann? Thanks...