News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EM1

Started by ifinish12, November 23, 2020, 12:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ifinish12

Hello everyone new to this forum , I purchased a new EM1 back in march and have had nothing but problems since new, first problem brand new out of the case engine would only run a few feet and bind up seemed like a quartering problem,  sent back and Bachmann on my dime they fixed and sent it back to me ran great but would occasionally sputter and restart, front light would go out but continue to run but then drop out again, first thought dirty track so cleaned with bright boy and alcohol,  but problem still existed, next cleaned wheels still same problem, next reset decoder no change just by chance decided to run with sound off guess what runs perfect with lights on or off  for hours, but as soon as i turn on sound same problem as before ,I understand that i can send it back again on my Dime but is this normal with the new Bachmann steam engines has anyone had similar problems with the EM1 , I own Kato, Atlas, BLI ,other Bachmann's with sound and without, and almost every other engine runs flawlessly on my layout not good for a 300.00 dollar engine,
And yes i have tried calling but just get put on hold forever never get through.
Michael

James in FL

Send it back.
For $300 it should be absolutely perfect.
Settle for nothing less.

Good luck

ifinish12

I sent it in tuesday they are getting it on monday i could not contact them by phone but sent a verry detailed letter about how i felt concerning the engine ,another 15 dollars to send it in.And by the way just tecieved a BLI T1 today and with a couple of cv tweeks absolutely runs perfect fingers crossed