adding batery opperation to Bachmann G scale anniversary 4-6-0

Started by bcochran, November 30, 2020, 10:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcochran

I would think that I could look on line and find a detailed how-to add battery operation to Bachmann's G scale 4-6-0.  But Noooooooooooooooooooooo.

I even asked a rc parts supplier what I would need to do this and he said he could sell me what I needed but with no instructions on how to put then together.

I added battery operation to my Bachmann C-19 but that was plug and play.

So can anyone supply me with a source for instructions on how to add battery control the Bachmann G scale 4-6-0 and what and where to get the parts needed?

I have several 4-6-0s and would like to be able to transfer the working between them.  I think the batteries and electronics would be in the tender and plug into the engine.  All engines would be wired the same and plug into what ever tender I transferred the works to.

Any help would be appreciated.

ricnpat

Take a look at this site.     https://rcsofne.com/
And contact Don, he can help you with everything you need.

armorsmith

Good advice provided.  Also consider the 'Ten Wheeler' is a Bachmann Big Hauler line product. These are on the simpler end of the spectrum generically speaking. Sold for economy, not full featured.  The advice above is solid, but there are other resources as well. Take a look at this web site http://www.girr.org/girr/. The information is dated, but still valid for the kind of conversion you are looking to do.  Also stopping by Large Scale Central www.largescalecentral.com would be a good idea. There are many good folks there who are more than willing to provide advice. I am not sure there is a 'hand hold, step by step' for your request. There are just too many possible combinations of batteries, R/C equipment and personalities to make one for every possible configuration.

When you mention the C19, you are referring to a Spectrum line which is a very full featured locomotive with a much heftier price tag. I have a C19, but have not converted it to battery R/C yet. Yes it is plug and play and you paid for that convenience in the price you paid for the locomotive. By the way, I consider the C19 the finest locomotive Bachmann has produced to date.

Loco Bill Canelos

HI,

Back in April 2014 I wrote a detailed article in Garden Railways Magazine on how to do the conversion using the Bachmann Anniversary 4-6-0.  It was a two part article which included adding aftermarket sound.  I used the Revolution R/C system.  It is a relatively easy method and still works perfectly.  It would be relatively easy to use another R/c system.  The second part was in the June 2014 issue, but the April issue has what you are looking for.  That issue is still available from them.  I got lots of compliments from those who did it, and they were very pleased.  You must use an Anniversary 4-6-0 with the operating rear headlight for this method to work.

Cheers & Beers!

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!