News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My EZ Command Center is bad

Started by CURKID, November 30, 2020, 06:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CURKID

My ez command center is bad since i am turning my lights on but the throttle is not responding on none of my trains.  From reading info I believe I am better of just buying a new dcc controller.  The question is what do you guys recommend I live on an island in the Caribbean therefor would have to order online.  Can not go anywhere to test it.

rich1998

Welcome.

I do not have that system so I cannot help you.
I used the NCE Power Cab in the past.

No idea how up to date this is.

https://tonystrains.com/news/tonys-off-the-cuff-dcc-comparison/

Rich

Flare

I use the NCE system at home and at my club.  I'm very happy with it.

Len

It would save a lot of frustration all around if Bachmann could work some type of deal to include an NCE Power Cab in their DCC starter sets, instead of the EZ-Command.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jward

Or at the very least upgrade EZ Command  to the level of functionality of the other DCC starter sets. At a bare minimum minimum it should be able to program CVs, have provision for additional add on controllers that Bachmann keeps instock, and be upward compatable with Dynamis.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Trainman203

The OP should contact bachmann for replacement of a defective item.

The EZ Command is very good for what it is - a DCC equivalent of the train set "transformer" of old.  It makes the train go and stop.  Plus has elementary control over sounds.  It worked very well for me for a good while before I decided to get a better system.  I gave the EZ Commander to a kid.  It did what I needed at the time and is now doing what the kid needs.

Terry Toenges

I'm perfectly happy with my E-Z Command. It runs my trains, works their lights, gives me a few sounds and works my turnouts. I don't need 38 whistles and 49 bells and 88 speed steps and every possible noise or sound that a loco could possibly make. I just want to run my trains without constantly having to press a lot of buttons and remembering sequences to do all of the above.  :)
Most of you guys who do want to do all that stuff already have different systems anyway.
Feel like a Mogul.

rich1998

If he runs into decoder issues, he will need a better system in the Caribbean on an island with no help. Just another thought.

Rich

RAM

I know nothing about the EZ Command. But I was wondering if it had a reset.

jward

Reading through the manual carefully i could find no procedure for a factory default reset. So apparently the answer is no. And that's a shame because every DCC command station should be able to do this as a bare minimum.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA