News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

coupler question

Started by Tehans, December 07, 2020, 10:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tehans

I just acquired an N scale train set and the engine (Bachmann Santa fe ) does not have any couplers on it. There are spare couplers in the box that look like the knuckle conversion coupler on the Bachmann web site. I cannot figure out how to install them. Is there supposed to be a screw to secure them? if so is there a spec for the screw?

James in FL

Couplers generally fit into a coupler box, either on the body or on the truck. Sometimes there is a screw holding the coupler box in place. On some others a small metal piece serves as the box cover, and holds everything together.

rich1998

Quote from: Tehans on December 07, 2020, 10:05:53 AM
I just acquired an N scale train set and the engine (Bachmann Santa fe ) does not have any couplers on it. There are spare couplers in the box that look like the knuckle conversion coupler on the Bachmann web site. I cannot figure out how to install them. Is there supposed to be a screw to secure them? if so is there a spec for the screw?

You could check the Bachmann Information page for your loco. The N scale PDF might give you some idea. Click on the Plus sign to expand the page.

Rich

Zeus 0246

I have the same problem. How do you install couplers on the locomotive?

frank.g

I have an N scale E60Cp that is missing the couplers and gear boxes. I am looking for a parts diagram and/or a good detailed picture of what I need to buy to restore the original rapido style couplers. Bachmann does not have a parts diagram (believe it or not).

Frank