News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Rest in Peace WoundedBear

Started by Grumpy468, December 13, 2020, 11:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy468

Sadly i no longer have anymore of the pics he sent me.
We Are What Your Mother Warned you about.

the Bach-man

Very, very sorry to hear this.
He will certainly be missed.
2020, what a year...
the Bach-man

jbrock27

I just learned of his passing this past Monday, after having sent him an email wishing him a "Happy New Year" (we last spoke this past September); I received an email from his son, letting me know of his passing.  This struck me as well as I also consider myself a friend of Sid's and will greatly miss speaking to him about all manner of things and hearing that laugh of his.

After I first logged in here back in 2013 or so he reached out to me for my number and was not shy about calling me from time to time and never stopped calling me even after I stopped coming here for all intensive purposes about 5 years ago.  I will miss him greatly because while he was a greatly skilled modeler without question, always giving and willing to share advice, he was a great person.

As stated, he loved his modeling, whether trains or cars and told me he won several modeling competitions.  Here is an example of some of his great car modeling work in case you were not aware of his penchant for those as well:

http://www.slixx.com/deitch.htm
Keep Calm and Carry On

the Bach-man

Beautiful!
...a great loss...
the Bach-man

Grumpy468

I spent 3 days with Sid at his place in July 2019. His bench room where he does all his work is very old school, he has a great collection, selection of tools for modelling. It was great to watch his technique and have him explain things he does in person. I am forever grateful for his friendship.
We Are What Your Mother Warned you about.

OLDERTIMER

His work shows the very highest level of craftsmanship, I will miss him indeed.  He was very kind to me.  I hope and pray that his family will feel blessed that he cared so much for others, Paul G.