News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Gaining access to my On30 Passenger Cars?

Started by NP2626, December 18, 2020, 07:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NP2626

Dear 0n30 FORUM USERS,

I have an On30 passenger car that I want to open up and place passenger in.  I bought the car off of Ebay and so no instruction where included.  I see that there are two tabs that hook over the floorboards and have attempted to open up this way; but, don't seem to be able to gain access.  Can someone help me?

NP2626 

Ton N

Just take the roof off.
It's a snap on construction.

Ton

p51

Quote from: Ton N on December 18, 2020, 09:45:29 AM
Just take the roof off.
It's a snap on construction.
Yeah, the wires from the trucks to the lighting system in the roof is what stymies people, including myself at first.
The problem is that roof doesn't open the entire inside of the car for easy access as there are supports that get in the way. You're going to have to unattach the lighting wires to really get inside there. Once you do that, you can really get at the inside of the car by removing the body to get to the seats.
I run with DCC, and I never liked the lights in those cars, so I never concerned myself with hooking them back up, but many people will wanna be careful so they can get the lights working again once you're done.
FYI, if you use ACC or superglue to put anything in the coach, let that completely dry before you put the body back on. Otherwise, the fumes will cause any previous fingerprints to show up in white on the clear plastic windows...
-Lee