News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sd-45

Started by Bigtrainfan987, December 22, 2020, 07:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigtrainfan987

Does anyone have a wireing diagram for sd 45 . My father past away recently and I was going thru his train collection and found this in original box in mint condition but found he for some reason cut wires from motor to dcc mother board and wires to lights . Please help me. I would love to see if this unit will run again.

jward

Is this the split frame design?

If so there really wasn't any wiring to speak of. Bronze contacts on the trucks transmitted power to the frame halves. the motor picked up power from contacts wedged between the frame halves, light board sat on top of frame halves with sprung contacts contacting them. The whole thing was held together with plastic t nuts and spacer washers at each end. Simple but effective'
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Bigtrainfan987

No not split type. It is a bachmann spectrum unit. Item number is 82719.

rich1998

Welcome.

No idea if this will help.
Below is a link for the DCC ready PC board for this loco with the DC adapter. Remove the DC adapter.
A decoder can be plugged in to the eight pin socket also. a DZ126PS is small and can plug right in. Maybe you can expand the photo and see where the wires connect. DCC from the trucks. Front light. Rear light. Common for the lights. Two for motor.
No idea if your loco has the same PC board.

https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/images/ho_parts/H850X-PCBO1.jpg

If you go to the HO Parts Page for this loco you might find more info.

Edit. I found this at the TCS site. A better decoder. Maybe the wires are still to the cab.

https://tcsdcc.com/installation/ho-scale/1239

Rich

Bigtrainfan987

Yes that helped. I went to tcsd they helped me . Thanks.

jward

Quote from: Bigtrainfan987 on December 22, 2020, 09:29:52 PM
No not split type. It is a bachmann spectrum unit. Item number is 82719.

My SD45 is also a Spectrum, but it has the split frame.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA