Bachmann Sound Value HO Alco 2-6-0 tether or locomotive pin outs

Started by bigalspitzer, January 20, 2021, 02:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalspitzer

Hello everyone, I recently ordered a new tether for my Bachmann Sound Value Alco 2-6-0. I made the mistake of taking the existing tether with the broken wires off the soundtraxx board without noting where each wire goes on the board. The wires attach with simple clips no soldering needed. I need to find out what pin each wire in the tether harness goes to or find out what the pin outs are on the locomotive socket. I have contacted Bachmann directly both by telephone and by email and have not received any reply whatsoever by phone or email and have found this to be extremely unsatisfactory to say the least. May be someone on here will know the pin outs. Thank you.

plas man

Bachmann maybe slow to respond with the virus thing'y   ;D  on the prowl , I saw some where they are not accepting order in present times  ,  I know the clip locations for the 6 pin N scale plug in - but not for the 8 pin (HO ?)

rich1998

Are there any labels on the PC board? All my steamers with PC boards had labels.

Rich

bigalspitzer

Yeah this is ho Scale. The virus maybe affecting the email response. However, I spoke to them on the phone twice and was supposed to get a return call and never did. I've sent trains in before to be repaired and did not have any problems at all. I've ordered parts without any problems as well. Its only when I have to connect to a service technician that I have problems it seems. To be honest I have a lot of Bachmann items. I totally gave up on them with regards to their Williams line of O gauge trains because I found support lacking there. It will be extremely difficult to do that with my ho items because I have a pretty extensive collection. But if I cant fix it I can either send it in for repair, buy a new tender, wait until I find one on ebay to use for parts or junk it altogether and get another brand. Its my fault for not thinking about labeling the wires before I disconnected them. But I'll see if anyone knows what the pin outs are.

bigalspitzer

Yes the board is labeled its the wires that I need to know. I need to know which wire goes to the left track, which wire goes to the right track and so on so I can hook the correct wires up to the correct spot on the board.

rich1998

Looks like you will have to do continuity checks with an ohm meter like I did with HO a 4-4-0 some years ago when I cut some wires too short with a decoder install.

Rich