News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0 with New Tender

Started by Hunt, December 28, 2020, 04:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunt

REF:
https://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=255_433_1119&products_id=6943&zenid=509lmj1q9u4ot18rrh9oskq2p0

"The 4-6-0 is now available in a DCC- and Sound-Ready version that features an advanced nonproprietary plug-and-play circuit board to accommodate the control system of your choice, including conventional DC power, NMRA/NEM DCC, and/or RC operation.  Equipped with factory-installed speakers, it is ready for the addition of plug-and-play prototypical sound. (Plug-and-Play Sound Module available separately for sound-on-board performance.) It also features metal gears, a new tender, operating headlight, smoke, metal siderods, separate piping, and all metal handrails."

The Bach-man,
Verify the above product description is accurate (no misprints).

Also,
1) Identify the type and number of  factory-installed speakers.

2) Who makes the DCC decoder and Sound Module, SoundTraxx, TCS (Train Control Systems)?

3) Provide links to the documentation/manuals/instructions for the DCC decoder and Sound Module.

tedyarbrough

Hunt,
Those are all good questions and many of us are interested to know the answers. I feel that answers and maybe even some actual photos will be coming soon. I look forward to the long awaited arrival of the latest updated 4-6-0.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi All,

As of about 10 days ago, I asked and was told that they have still not arrived, due to one problem or another, and that they will post pictures when they can. First there was a problem getting the motors,  after that was resolved, a new problem came up related to getting them here from China, that is all I know!

I am going to forget that they are even making them till they post an   actual picture and advise it can be ordered.

Happy New Year!

Cheers & Beers,
Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Greg Elmassian

Hunt, do you have any reason to believe there will be more than just one speaker in the tender?

Also don't get your hopes up on documentation on the decoder, traditionally it has been sparse, as they have always been OEM'd from a major company, and that major company does not support the decoder.

Normally a "detuned" SoundTraxx is what you will get, The Shays had detuned Tsuanmi's, and the decoders for the Thomas are likewise.

Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

Loco Bill Canelos

Greg,

In the description the word "speakers" is used not speaker.  Also the description says "DCC & Sound Ready"  so no onboard decoder,buyer buys what they want.

Bill

Greg Elmassian

He asked how many speakers....

What post has "spraker" in it?

Loco Bill Canelos

thanks Greg,

Typo is fixed

Bill

Greg Elmassian

Thanks Bill I thought I was overlooking something.

Do you know what, if any, speakers are included?

Greg

Loco Bill Canelos

Greg,

I have no inside info, other than what i can get by phoning in and nagging.  I have never tried calling about speakers, so all I have is what I read in the product description.  My personal opinion is that there is likely only one speaker and the description is not correct.  Might be nice to have stereo sound from two speakers ;D::)

Bill

Hunt

Quote from: Greg Elmassian on January 01, 2021, 11:14:10 PM
Hunt, do you have any reason to believe there will be more than just one speaker in the tender?

. . .

Greg

Hunt

Quote from: Greg Elmassian on January 01, 2021, 11:14:10 PM

. . .

Greg

Depends on which product info supplied by Bachmann is used

If product print ads is correct -  it will one speaker factory installed in tender.  Locomotive equipped with Pittman DC motor  (no  information about motor or speaker).

Also,  I surmise the electronic will be the equivalent as used in the Large Scale Bachmann K-27.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
We are excited about our newest 4-6-0 locomotive.

Of course, the most asked question is about delivery.  When we have a firm date we will post it here.

This locomotive has a whole new drive train that consists of a new powerful Pittman motor and a new gearbox with metal gears.  We now also have an optical chuff which plug-in soundboards can use to provide a very realistic chuff.

The tender has been redone with prototypical rivets and coal boards,

Our new 4-6-0 comes from the factory equipped for DC operation.  The locomotive is sound, DCC and RC ready with a plug-in socket in the tender.  If you want to convert the locomotive to DCC, RS, or have sound, simply unplug the installed dummy plug and plug in the sound or control system of your choice.  There are several 3rd party manufacturers who provide plug and play boards that plug into the tender's socket.

To clear up some confusion, there is only one speaker and it is in the new tender.  This speaker is used by the plug-in soundboards if they are installed by the user.

Interestingly, the street price should compare favorably with a Big Hauler using a Barry's drive years ago.

I am very excited to get this loco, and I hope you all will be pleased!

Anticipate!
the Bach-man

Loco Bill Canelos

Thanks, Bach-man,

Appreciate the update.

Loco Bill

Hunt

Bach-man,

plug-in socket : NMRA medium 8-pin or what?

Speaker:
  Type: Single Driver
  Shape: Round
  Size:  30mm
  Power: .5 Watt (Nominal) 1 Watt (Peak)
  Impedance: 8 Ohms
Or what?

Does speaker have a baffle or does the tender shell function as baffle?

Hunt

Quote from: Hunt on January 09, 2021, 11:56:02 AM
Bach-man,

plug-in socket : NMRA medium 8-pin or what?

Speaker:
  Type: Single Driver
  Shape: Round
  Size:  30mm
  Power: .5 Watt (Nominal) 1 Watt (Peak)
  Impedance: 8 Ohms
Or what?

Does speaker have a baffle or does the tender shell function as baffle?

OK the latest info about the plug-in socket can be found in 
Click Here

Still to be provided are the specs for the factory installed speaker.

===

Also the product description in the Bachmann Trains Online Store and many retailers is still wrong