Does anyone know where I can get a B&O passenger set?

Started by Quentin, April 27, 2020, 11:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quentin

I am looking for a B&O passenger set to add to my B&O section of my layout. Any suggestions to where I can find one?

-Quentin
We're...
A...
GREAT BIG ROLLIN RAILROAD, one that EVERYBODY KNOWS

Trainman203

Google and eBay are your friends.  There's always something there.  Periodically check B&O passenger cars.

And look for the collectible "Baltimore and 'Oiho' " cars.  A misspelled run was caught after only a few got out.  

There is  a state called Oiho.  Sometimes I see the front license plate in my rear view mirror!😂😂

Quentin

That is hilarious! I also found a set of 6 good condition cars for 95 bucks on ebay.
i will look for those special cars!
We're...
A...

bbmiroku

Check your train friends and your hobby shops for any info on train meets and conventions.

Maletrain

Check here: http://spookshow.net/passenger/passenger.php for an independent look at what has been made, so far.  While it won't tell you much about which of those things are made with B&O paint, it will give you an idea of what body types can be found on eBay, etc.  Sometimes you need to wait for something to show up - not everything ever made is available for sale/bid all the time.  And, while you are at Mark's site, take a look at Mark's locomotive section - it is a lot more informative than the section about passenger cars.

Quentin

We're...
A...

jward

The only problem with the spookshow site is that it's N scale only.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Maletrain

Quote from: jward on June 06, 2020, 03:14:13 PM
The only problem with the spookshow site is that it's N scale only.

True.  I forgot I was not in the N scale part of this forum.  Still, a lot of what is in N scale is copies of what was done in HO scale.

It would help if the OP would tell us what scale he is using, and what period he is modeling.

Quentin

I did look at the site, and yes, I do wish the OP would give us that info AND make an HO site.
We're...
A...

Slomopiot

I have three separate B&O passenger trains in HO scale. I'd suggest a good place to start would be eBay. It will at least give you an idea of what was made and how much you could expect to pay for it. You probably have more experience with trains than I do but someone else might read this so . . . while I don't purchase a ton of train items off of there, my experience has been 1)"In very good condition" from the seller is not always accurate. One thing that helps is to see if the seller has other train items as non-train folks can be a little over-generous on their descriptions. 2) If I have a choice between a car that's a kit or already assembled, I'll go with the kit because the person that did the glue work might not be as neat as I'd be. 3) Look carefully at the photos as 'shows some use' can range from a scratch on a corner to a corner being broken off. At a minimum, there should be 4 photos showing both sides, top & bottom of the car/engine. Also make a note of the type (or absence of ) couplers. There's some good B&O stuff out there, you just have to dig for it.

Trainman203

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Quentin

Len,
Thank you for sending that. (I will probably get them lol)

Trainman,
I still have not found those baltimore and oiho trains! I even google the mistake and nothing showed up. I will keep looking though...
We're...
A...