News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Can't View Bachmann Catalog

Started by pjp1234, January 06, 2021, 12:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjp1234

Adobe has taken 'Flash' off line as of Jan 12, 2021.
Hence, we can't view catalogs.
When will Bachmann do some kind of work around?

Geeper

Yep, Bachmann Sales doesn't THINK like the customer.
I see their 2021 Catalog is ONLY in "PHP" format which is OK... but Bachmann needs to ALSO make that same 2021 Catalog available in "PDF" format. All down loadable catalogs flyers etc should be offered in both PHP and PDF... flexibility in format sells more product. (not rocket science concept).
While "PHP" is cute... but also dysfunctional for many customers. "PDF" is easier to navigate than "PHP" and for many customers is a better format.
Wake-up Bachmann offer your 2021 catalog (all future catalogs) in both PHP and PDF... let the "customer pick" which works best for them. Providing only "one option" makes customers walk away and buy elsewhere...

wiley209

Strange; I use the latest version Google Chrome and I have Flash uninstalled of course, but I can read the catalog. It said "Powered by 3Dissue," which indeed used to use Flash, but now I think it uses HTML5. Maybe you need to upgrade your browser?

Geeper

Adobe Reader still supports PDF files and that is "my preferred" catalog format. I am not a fan of PHP format catalogs. Never have been. Like I said offer BOTH (PHP and PDF) then let the customer choose which to open and use. Not a hard concept... Bachmann sales dept should understand.