News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-4 Hudson

Started by rprdds, January 15, 2021, 06:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rprdds

Yesterday, I picked up the new 4-6-4 Hudson Steam Locomotive. I've spent the day trying to get it to run.  I can read and write the address to the decoder on the programming track. When I put it on the main, the sound comes on immediately. However, there are no lights, bells or horn. If I give it power nothing happens but the sound is unchanged. I tried a factory reset (CV8 = 8) to no avail. Does anybody have any ideas to get it running or what I should do next?

rich1998

Did you recycle track power and see the headlight flash sixteen times after the CV8 enter 8?

Rich

rprdds

Hi Rich,
Thank-you for the response. I tried recycling the power and that worked. Thank-you again.
Richard

rich1998

Very good. Some miss the recycle part or are not told that part of the process.

Rich

rprdds

By the way, for anyone who's interested, it looks fabulous. I really have to be careful of all the small detail. Now it runs great. Starts creep at 1 on my Digitrax DT500. I recommend it if it comes in your road name.
Richard

Gregg464

I have two of the these and they run great. My only gripe is no traction tires. If they had them, They would pull like a beast.
I found that it will pull 8 MTL pass. cars up a 1% grade through an s-curve with no wheel slip. I saw a youtube video where it pulled the new Kato 13 car 20th Century Limited on flat level track.
As for the sound, it's off the charts!