News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0s ideas

Started by Chatzi473, December 28, 2007, 09:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatzi473

Bachman her is a idea if you come out with a 4-6-0 in 2008.

you can make it a few different ways.

one like the tweetsie's engine.

one type like the RGS 20

and lastly Do a Souther Pacific Narrow gauge engine with the whaleback tenders.

Chatzi473

sorry for the spelling mistakes i did not realize i made them till now

Tomcat

Well - the RGS No.20 would be my favorite, to be honest...

Bachmann why don´t you go for something more COLORADO-Style,
for example the RGS Mogul ??? Don´t go and let the field to the others...!!!

Kind regards, Tom

az2rail

I would go for a narrow gauge one with the whale back tender. Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

japasha

My call would be RGS 20 as this model would cover the Florence and Cripple Creek (Who bought them new), The RGS (#20, #22 and #25), The SP Narrow gauge (#22), The Nevada California and Oregon, (Three locomotives and the Pacific Coast Two Locomotives. One that the PC bought used wound up in Hawaii on the Oahu Railway along with some of the F&CC cars. The locomotives are close to the ET&WNC tenwheelers except for valve gear. This is a lot of territory covered here.
Mr. Bachmann, please tell Lee that this would be an excellent locomotive to produce in On30. One caveat to all, these are pretty large locomotives, actrually larger than the 2-8-0 presently produced. I would do one version with Stephenson valve gear to cover the F&CC locomtives and one with walsheart's valve gear to cover the NCO, PC and SP narrow gauges (SP # 18). The whaleback tender would be nice and should also be sold seperately for us kit bashers.

Dusten Barefoot

No No No! There is just tooooo much Western style narrow gauge. It's about time to let the east have its turn. ET&WNC ALL THE WAY!!!! ;D
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

The Old Fardt

Ahhh   a RGS 4-6-0  type engine would be nice to have but I would like one without a road name but whatever comes along would be nifty.

Just my opinion for what it is worth ..

Cheers,  TOF

Chatzi473

I think the 4-6-0 would be the best thing bachmann can come out with cause it can cover all the western styles of engines like RGS, SP, and all other western railroad, but also cover eastern narrow gauge engine for the ET&WNC railroad.

It would not be hard to do all three looks the basics are the same just there are some minor differences it the different types of engines.

aussie30inch

hello

Great ideas and many proto types to choose from. I myself like the southern pacific type with either a whale back or standard tender.My be a Hawaiian ten wheeler? One thing is for sure we wont all agree on the proto type but a nice ten wheeler would be great

Geoff

aussie30inch

Dusten Barefoot

You caught her bad side. ;)
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Chatzi473

sorry i did not know she had a bad side.

to me any side of a narrow gauge 4-6-0 is a good side

japasha

Chatzi,

No, you don't have to use a Thomas engine as a basis for a 4-6-0. MMiller proved that in his photos. It all depends on how good you are at adapting the components. I build and Sn3 4-6-0 from a Mantua Rogers locomotive. I have one in )n30 built from the same unit. The deal is that you have to look at everything before you do something. Model railroading is only limited by one's imagination.