DCC trouble on Bachmann GP40

Started by MitchS, January 22, 2021, 08:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MitchS

New user here, I have a GP40 that was working well. My 5yr old grandson was running it and he came to tell me that it stopped running. I have tried resetting the decoder, but all I can do is get the headlight to turn on and off. It moved a little just after it was reprogrammed with some help (hand power). Does anyone have  a list of CVs for this engine? I bought it new, but there was no DCC information in the box with it. Thanks in advance

rich1998

Normally a reset is done with a recycle of track power after CV8, enter 8, and the headlight flashes sixteen times. Try not to push much or you might strip gears.
Here is the CV list for Bachmann onboard decoder.

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/images/44913_Decoder_IS.pdf

Rich

MitchS

Thanks Rich, I'll try again to do a reset. If that doesn't work, I'll look at replacing the decoder. 

jward

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

rich1998

When you say it moved a little, I wonder if a drive shaft came out from possible handling and only one truck is driving? If this continues, pull the shell and check. It has happened to some.

Rich

MitchS

Heard, I have the MRC prodigy express2

MitchS

rich, I'll have to disassemble it when I get back home and see if that may be the problem.

rich1998

Ok. Like I said. Just a guess. I would try the complete reset again. Always worked for me.

Rich