News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-8-0 Connie

Started by nymark, February 14, 2021, 11:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nymark

I was able to replace the drive gear on my Connie. I also pulled the boiler and got into the gearbox to inspect. Those gears were all in good shape so I greased them and reassembled. I finished with one part too many and searched the schematic to find out what it is. It is a small part, less than an inch, with a flat surface that has two recessed holes for screws. Then there is a small perpendicular surface and then another flat surface, smaller than the first. I wish I could post a photo but was hoping someone could ID it, maybe. One question I have is about the motor. I put it back together with Loctite. I noticed the motor is not exactly secure in the boiler. When I change the direction of the loco, the motor shifts slightly in the boiler to the other side of the space it is in. Is this normal? I thought maybe the extra part was some kind of brace but I do not remember there being one when I took it apart. The engine runs well, and is smooth. It seems bigger than my other engines though as if it is a different scale. Looks like I need to get a speaker and a sound decoder for sound and control. Any suggestions about all of the above would be very much appreciated!

Nymark

Edit: The part I described above holds the motor in place I think. I Googled "Bachmann G scale 2-8-0 Images" and the first photo showed the chassis with the part. It stabilizes the motor.
Edit 2: It only took 15-20 minutes to take the boiler off and screw this part in. My Connie runs really great and I plan on getting a speaker and DCC decoder with sound.

rich1998

If you wish to post a photos, you need a photo hosting site to post photo.

Rich

nymark

I am actually a member of a few different G scale sites where I can post pictures if needed. I tend to like this site for  Q & A and start here first. Since I figured out the issue, I didn't need to add further inquiries.

Thanks,
Nymark