News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New On30 Sound Videos

Started by RailMan63, January 28, 2021, 02:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailMan63

Hi guys! Here are the videos of my 2-6-6-2 and 4-6-0 with their respective DCC sound systems installed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EONBm8B3aA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y6MkEz7sYU

And,yes :TCS does have sound files that they claim are of the real Tweetsie 4-6-0 !
I tried to load them to my 4-6-0 before I made this video, but I'm not certain that I was totally successful.
TCS uses what they call "Audio Assist" instead of CV's for user programming, and you do that with your DCC controller by pressing the #8 four times. A pleasant female voice then walks you through all of the various files that are available for the decoder that you chose.
I find it somewhat confusing, and I'm not sure that I like it...

Ton N

My controller has only shift #4 instead of #8 , so you can imagine what I have to do to get that woman talking.
but that aside , your ten wheelers chuff rate is to fast.
One steam cycle per rotation is enough.

Ton

RailMan63

So I've been told on youtube. How do you access that value  on the TCS Audio Assist ? I tried playing with it last night, but no luck.
Thanks Ton!

Ton N

I don't know , I use JMRI to access the decoder.
It's to complicated for me to use the TCS voice system with my Lenz controller.

Ton

RailMan63

I understand.
I'm having to wait until at least Feb.2 to contact the tech at TCS. He's out on a business trip until Feb.2,and I need to see if there is a list of CV programming codes available for this thing.
I also want to know if there's a way to get the rear headlight on the tender going again.
I'm beginning to wish that I had bought a Soundtraxx system ,or another MRC Loco Genie.
While the Loco Genie isn't as full featured as the TCS, or the Soundtraxx systems, it's basically drop in on these Bachmann tenders( unless yours came with a 21 pin Soundtraxx motherboard ), and the MRC is easy to program using my Power Cab handheld.
After much internet searching, and going on the TCS website,it seems like TCS doesn't have a list of CV programming codes,which is a pain.
Amazingly, the TCS 1521 board that I put in the tender of my 2-6-6-2 (coupled to the original Bachmann 21 pin motherboard) was up and running with no problems immediately, and I was able to set it up very quickly ,and easily.
I like that.
I don't know why this TCS motherboard and 1521 sound decoder kit is such a pain.
I should have done more research...

Hunt

Click Here to watch  TCS WOWSound WOWSteam Proto-Chuff Calibration video

Hunt

Click Here   101: Introduction to Audio Assist video

Likely it will be Dan you will be talking to when you call TCS.

Hunt

Want to program TCS steam decoder using CVs then

Click Here video -    TCS 4-CV Guided Programmer Instructions
Understanding the TCS 4-CV Guided Programming Tools

Click Here link to the  4-CV Programming Steam tool

Hunt

Quote from: Hunt on January 29, 2021, 03:54:31 PM
Click Here to watch  TCS WOWSound WOWSteam Proto-Chuff Calibration video

After using TCS WOWSound WOWSteam Proto-Chuff Calibration feature if timing fine tuning is needed then

Click Here TCS WOWSound Chuff Timing Adjustment

RailMan63

Thanks,Hunt ! This is very helpful.
Much appreciated!

tweetsieengineer

Check out my video of my #12.  Im using TCS wow and have all the sounds set for the ones recorded off the real #12.   This might help you set the decoder up if you want to sound like the real thing.  I can help you if you need it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odn9h7TFo08
Tim Smith,

RailMan63

Awesome video! Where did you get the cars?

tweetsieengineer

They are a mix of kits, San Juan, AMS, and some 3d printed.  I have about 40 freight cars and 10 engines 5 of which are ET 4-6-0's
Tim Smith,