News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Trainworld

Started by clrp5150, January 28, 2021, 06:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clrp5150

So I was about to order something at trainworld.com, but it didn't make it clear how much shipping and taxes were. Then I found out that it says that shipping and taxes will be determined and added at order processing. What is your experience with this? Do they overprice their shipping and then take your money?
Personal wishlist:
Locomotives: Stepney, Murdoch and Stanley
Rolling stock: Tar Tanker and Red Express coaches rerelease, Spencer's brake coach and the breakdown train
Buildings: Tidmouth Sheds and Knapford Station rerelease, as well as the watermill

Terry Toenges

I have canceled orders before from places like that don't tell you how much it will be until you start checking out. I don't remember what Trainworld charges because it's been a long time since I ordered from them. Probably for that reason.
Feel like a Mogul.

Len

I've been ordering some stuff from Trainworld for awhile now. Shipping is calculated as part of order processing, but you get a chance to cancel the order after it's caculated, before hitting the 'Submit' button. I haven't found their shipping charges any worse than most other places. The taxes you can figure yourself based on the sales tax rate where where you live.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Terry Toenges

They should let you know before you enter your credit or debit card information. Why wait until after you've given them that? Once you fill in your address, they have all the info they need to tell you how much. There are other companies who do let you know up front so why bother with them and giving them all the credit info first?
I wonder how many sales they lose because of that. When they say to order more than $20 worth of goods to make the shipping coast worthwhile, it make you wonder just how bad the shipping costs will be.
The taxes are another thing too because there so many different taxing entities - state, county, and city/town. Looking at my Walmart receipt, there is tax 1 at 9.350% and tax 2 at 6.350%. How do I know which to figure when ordering from them? I don't know what taxes Trainworld has to collect.
A person is supposed to do all this ciphering just to order a piece of railroad equipment? Or, just put it in your cart and other sites tell you once they have your address.
Feel like a Mogul.

Joe323

TrainWorld tends to offer discounts every few weeks and sometimes free shipping on orders over $100 so I usually save up my purchases from them.