STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 16, 2021, 05:10:13 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Large
| | |-+  Annie potentiometer wiring
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Annie potentiometer wiring  (Read 783 times)
Danimal

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2021, 02:43:37 PM »

The Pot in my Annie tender has 5 lugs with wires connected.  I am familiar with three lug pots.  What are the other two side lugs for?  I cannot find any wiring diagrams for 5 lug pots.
 I ripped out the circuit board as I am installing a Zimo decoder with sound.  While the Zimo can control the volume thru programming variables and inputs, it is cumbersome with my NCE controller.  It would be a lot easier to just hook the pot to the speaker.  I just want to know if I need to use the side lugs for anything?
Thanks
Dan
Greg Elmassian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 03:46:59 PM »

power on off I believe, i.e. an on/off switch.

Greg

Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com
Danimal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 05:20:26 PM »

Thank you.  After looking at it closely I figured that is what itís for.  But Iíll be darned if I can find a schematic, that I can understand, which shows how to wire those two lugs.   Iím gonna guess that I would wire it in series between the + wire from the decoder and lug 1 (input)on the Pot?  Or would I put on the ground side?
Greg Elmassian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 11:39:23 PM »

I think you can put those 2 connections anywhere that can interrupt the power from the battery.

Greg

Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com
Danimal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 11:04:29 PM »

Well, the sound wouldn't work as wired so I bypassed the pot and wired straight to the speaker.  Works fine now.  I know I don't need the on off/volume knob with DCC but it was there and would have been convenient. 
I'm not sure how it was supposed to be wired up but my way was obviously wrong. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: