Bachmann Thomas & Friends Summer 2021 NMRA Predictions

Started by TerencetheTractor525, January 31, 2021, 03:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plas man

I think photo number 2 , it looks like the typical hobby shop owner  ;D

magiclamp

I've been looking through this and I love the Sir Handel idea. Hes pretty much a triple whammy as with Sir handel you can make Falcon and Proteus too with very little effort. I also love the Smudger one,  as it
a) is a much better recolour than yellow rheneas, and
b) can lead the way into possible Duke and Bertrum releases.
Sorry that I didn't bring much new to the table 
peace and love, all

Stephen62

Still think they should've just made Duncan and smudger instead of a yellow rheneas. And duke is definitely a legend in the narrow gauge

TrainFan97

News has been really dry lately. I'm not even sure if this year's NMRA announcements would be any better than last year's, when Origin James was the only one. Maybe it will be better.

I'm still hoping for Sidney to finally be announced for HO Scale, since he's the only major Class 08 recolor left for HO Scale. They managed to get Paxton's face right on his Large Scale model. Hopefully, they could do the same for Sidney's HO Scale model.

Anytime now, N Scale James and HO Scale Daisy should be revealed fully painted. Origin James and Troublesome Truck #6 will most likely be available this summer. Still no update on Peter Sam yet.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Cheeky_ULP

It's fairly normal to not hear updates on new products for months at a time, nothing new there.

MrNormalDraws

So one thing I noticed from Bachmann is that most of the coaches are in pairs with the expectation of Spencer's, which is weird as Bachmann recently did a composite coach on Toby's Museum Coach, even though it never had one in the show. And since it's still in the market, I would like to see if Bachmann can try do a brake coach on Spencer's as there are a few episodes before and after he appeared that there was a pair of them.

Since a lot of people were talking about Diesel 10 in the Daisy thread, it made me think if Bachmann could try either Judy and Jerome or Rocky as quite a few people wanted some sort of breakdown crane in the line after Hornby stopped the Thomas line a few years ago.

Rocky would be interesting as he's been in the show for 10+ years and has a very big design. The only issue is that even without the NMRA, he would be a bit too outlandish due to the basis.

If he's a bit too much, the second choice would be Judy and Jerome as they're more simple and because Bachmann is doing both Ryan and Daisy, I think they would be the next choice to complete the Harwick line. Plus, they're in the show for 5+ years, as I think Bachmann's gonna be safe on doing less recent characters in the line. One thing I would like to see if Bachmann could make the nameplates be a separate molding rather be stuck in the model as I feel like some model makers would just want to remove it to repaint them as a regular breakdown cranes if they want to do model series versions.

TrainFan97

Here's my next updated predictions:

HO Scale:
Sidney
Stepney (most wanted)
Ventilated Van - Explosives
Chocolate Syrup Tanker
Toffee Tanker

HOn30 Scale (Narrow Gauge):
Sir Handel

N Scale:
Edward
Milk Tanker
Henrietta
Brake Van

Large Scale:

Bill
Ben

Some of these may be put off until later. Hoping we do get an update on Peter Sam soon. The next Narrow Gauge engine must be Sir Handel. With James and Toby on the horizon, the next N Scale engine announced must be Edward. Bill and Ben would be great additions to the Large Scale range, since they're two small engines that use the same tooling, and would be very popular sellers.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Falcon the 2nd

Funnily enough, my predictions are just about the same as TrainFan's, although I'm not so sure if we'll get a new Large Scale engine immediately after Diesel and Paxton. Bill and Ben are still a good idea worth continuing to mention if we don't see any new Large Scale engines announced this summer.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

Chaz

I think I'll jump on the "list" ordeal too.  Not a lot that's really new to say but I figured I would get it out there anyway.  While I could see some of these making it to the summer announcements I feel that the rest of these are reasonable requests for 2022 (or maybe 2023 to an extent depending on production).  Anyway, here's my list:

HO:
More DCC and Sound engines - honestly, I hope that the Thomas and Percy models take off and more characters get the upgrade.  The rest of the first 7, Emily and Spencer already have sounds for large scale, so expanding DCC and sound with these engines should be a safe way to go if tooling costs are becoming too expensive (especially looking at Ryan's).  However, if Bachmann wants to wait and see how the Thomas and Percy models do first then that's completely understandable.  I do think adding DCC and sound to the models is a great way to help Thomas fans get into DCC and might bring something new to the table with Thomas modeling too since it's rarely talked about, but that's just my opinion.

Stepney:

Stepney is really the only engine with a new tooling left that I would be excited for and buy day 1 like the upcoming Daisy and Origin James models.  I do think Stepney is the only character pre-CGI that has a good chance of happening because of how much of a following he has.  Everything else that supports Stepney being made has been said already, so no need to repeat it from there. 

James' express coaches:

For the next set of rolling stock in HO I think it would be wise if Bachmann brought their red express coaches back.  Similar to the reintroduction of Gordon's express coaches, the red express coaches would also need an updated paint job.  In addition, if Bachmann wants to label them as a new products, then I'm going to vouch for them to be called James' express coach and James' express brake coach since they were not only the names Hornby called them but it may also help these coaches be more marketable.  James was often seen pulling these in both the model and CGI series too. 

Narrow gauge:
Sir Handel:

New open wagon:

I already talked about both of these here, if you want reasons why all I'm for these:

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=6q44ums4sruu237ldmnv0p9oc0&topic=37564.msg276101#msg276101

N scale:
Edward:

Edward has been a pretty hot topic for N scale as of late!  Although while I would personally prefer Gordon and Henry, Edward would be a very welcome addition.  Being another classic character Tomix never made and not being terribly large or expensive to produce.  He wouldn't be too much more difficult to make than James and he was very popular in HO and those same sales would mirror in N scale too.

I did a post on N scale rolling stock earlier too but the top 5 I'd like to see the most would be:
Henrietta
Milk tanker
Coal wagon with load
Tar tanker
Brake van

Once again if you want further details on N scale rolling stock, please check out this post:

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=6q44ums4sruu237ldmnv0p9oc0&topic=37564.msg276401#msg276401

For large scale, it's really hard to say and I don't collect the range so I'll keep it brief.  They've been going for recolors as of late in addition to new toolings that offer recolor options.  I don't collect the range but my moneys on LBSC Thomas and Origin James models for the next engine announcements.  Even though I personally think Henrietta should be made next, I could see the red coaches getting picked next. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainFan97

For HO Scale, BoCo may be unlikely, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he has a snowball's chance in hell of ever being made. At least he wasn't a one-off character. I definitely see Stepney being made first, since he has way more demand. Stepney being announced would help to open the window for BoCo.

For N Scale, as much as I'd love for Bachmann to get Gordon and Henry out of the way, Edward is the best choice, since he isn't a big engine, and wouldn't be that expensive to produce. If Bachmann can make James, they can make Edward. Emily should be saved for after Edward. If Edward gets made before Emily, that would help to make the N Scale offerings more unique from Large Scale.

N Scale rolling stock I really want to see are a Coal Wagon with Load, Red Open Wagon, Brake Van, Milk Tanker, and to make the offerings more unique from Large Scale, Henrietta, Red Coaches, and a Mail Car. We could certainly use Henrietta for Toby, and a Mail Car for Percy.

For Large Scale, if we can't get Bill and Ben just yet, other recolors like LBSC Thomas and Origin James would also be welcome.

plas man

please mr Bachmann , we need a DCC (or DC with included controler) a talking Sir Topham Hat .

he would suit any scale .

JLK2707

I just want to see:

HO Scale:

1. Stepney
2. Sidney
3. Explosives Van
4. Chocolate Syrup Tanker Wagon
5. Toffee Tanker
6. Troublesome Truck #7 as a TAR tanker wagon
7. Troublesome Truck #8 as a CGI oil tanker wagon
8. Old Coaches
9. BoCo
10. Stanley
11. Old shape Henry
12. Arthur
13. Troublesome Truck #9 as a Standard Gauge Slate Wagon
14. Troublesome Truck #10 as a ventilated van
15. Troublesome Truck #11 as a non-ventilated van
16. Troublesome Truck #12 as a utility van
17. Orange Branchline coaches
18. Season 1 Troublesome Truck
19. Troublesome Brake Van
20. Winston
21. Bulgy
22. Trevor
23. Standard Tanker Wagon
24. CGI Milk and Fuel Tanker Wagons
25. Hannah
26. Updated Henrietta

Narrow Gauge:

1. Smudger
2. Sir Handel
3. Duncan
4. D Fusit Gunpowder Van
5. Old funnel Peter Sam
6. Luke

Large Scale:

1. Bill
2. Ben
3. Edward
4. Red Branchline Coaches
5. Orange Branchline Coaches
6. Old Coaches
7. Henrietta

N Scale:

1. Henrietta
2. Spiteful Brake Van
3. Edward
4. Emily
5. Emily's Coaches
6. TAR tanker wagon
7. Milk tanker wagon
8. Standard tanker wagon
9. Hannah
10. Raspberry syrup tanker wagon
11. Cream tanker wagon
12. Chocolate syrup tanker wagon
13. Toffee tanker wagon
14. Ice Cream Van

TrainFan97

That's a mighty long list there, JLK!

As for plas man, I don't think Bachmann would ever make a talking Sir Topham Hatt, as it doesn't seem like their thing. A DCC Thomas set isn't out of the question, though. Bachmann does make more expensive sets with DCC engines and controllers. Maybe they can make a DCC HO Scale Thomas set with Thomas and Percy, so it has two engines, like some other DCC HO Scale sets. It would be a DCC Thomas and Percy set, and the first set in the Bachmann Thomas range to have two engines. The DCC Thomas and Percy set can also include Annie and Clarabel, plus two Troublesome Trucks. Maybe Bachmann can make that set once the DCC models are available.

We probably won't get an N Scale Christmas Thomas set until more rolling stock options are available.

As much as I would love one, we may never get a Skarloey set solely because of the fact that all sets with other characters are discontinued, mainly because they didn't sell very well, as Thomas is the only character that actually sells sets.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: plas man on June 01, 2021, 03:59:09 PM
please mr Bachmann , we need a DCC (or DC with included controler) a talking Sir Topham Hat .

he would suit any scale .
This king is thinking outside the box

Angelob6660

19. Troublesome Brake Van

Didn't Bachmann already made this as the Spiteful Brake Van? Or is there's a different one that I'm totally missing.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden