News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Class J 4-8-4 Drawbar Help

Started by Michigan_Jim, February 04, 2021, 05:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michigan_Jim

I recently purchased a nice older Class J 4-8-4 with only one problem - the drawbar wasn't in the box.

Looking at the manuals it looks like a few different styles were made - I believe this is an older unit that looks like a dog bone with an eyelet that goes around the post of the front trucks on the tender and then an eyelet with notches in it to attach to another post on the back of the engine.

The old parts manual shows a #9167, but I haven't had much luck with that number.  Looking through all of the online schematics I see a #N58015 on a 4-8-4 Northern that looks like it "might" work.

Just wondering if anyone out there has a parts unit, or if a Bachmann employee monitors this if their is any way to look up a part print for it.  Worst case I make it myself.  Just trying other options before that.  Any help would be appreciated.

Michigan_Jim

Alister - that looks like possibly a newer style.  The older ones appear to be a dog bone style as shown in the diagram for a 4-8-4 northern (which is unfortunately out of stock).