News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-0 Sound Module Availability?

Started by RockyMtnMark, February 09, 2021, 12:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockyMtnMark

Does anyone know why it is so difficult to find (reasonably priced) purchase sources online for the Bachmann DCC sound modules for the On30 2-6-0 mogul line?  The sound module, Bachmann item #44957, is used in the DCC 2-6-0 model numbers 29301, 29302, 29303 and 29304.  Several vendors' pages list the sound modules, but they are almost always out of stock or unavailable, usually with no expected in-stock date.

Is Bachmann discontinuing these sound modules?  MicroMark's site lists them as discontinued (just from MicroMark, or anywhere?).  SoundTraxx's site has a Technical Note #23 that indicates some "21-pin drop in sound module" from Bachmann has been discontinued, but it doesn't say exactly which one(s).

I ask because I am using these DCC 2-6-0 locos, with this sound module, to easily convert my Bradford Exchange holiday-themed On30 locos to DCC/Sound, and don't know if I'll be able to continue doing this.  I'd like to publish my documentation on how to do this conversion on my model railroading web site, but don't want to do that if these sound modules will soon become unavailable.

Any insight much appreciated!

rich1998

To my knowledge, sound modules might been discontinued by Bachmann. I believe only Bachmann has used them. I could be wrong though. I have seen questions here and other forums.
Only SoundTraxx makes them for Bachmann.
The Bach-Man should have the real answer.
You could check ebay.

Rich