News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New 4-6-0

Started by tedyarbrough, February 10, 2021, 10:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tedyarbrough

Hello Mr. Bach Man,
As we move CLOSER to Spring, can you give us any updates on the new 4-6-0? When we may expect it to arrive in hobby shops, new photos, etc. Getting exited!
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

the Bach-man

Hey, Ted!
Nothing official yet-
Believe me, I'll post as soon as I can!
Best,
the Bach-man

Chris9017

I noticed that when the 4-6-0s were first announced, a Pennsylvania Railroad model of the new 4-6-0 was in the line up, but now I see that the Pennsylvania Railroad 4-6-0 is not in the new line up like originally announced.  The engine had a beautiful paint scheme, and cap stack, and it was the 4-6-0 I was most interested in.  Do we know if the Pennsylvania 4-6-0 has been cancelled from the new line up, or has it been accidentally left out of the new line up?

tedyarbrough

Chris9017,
   Maybe the future releases will include the PRR as well as DRG #168 and RGS #20 (both currently operating 4-6-0 locomotives).
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

InsideTrack

Our ETA for the new 4-6-0 is mid-to-late May of this year.

We just posted its product manual online to give a look as to what features are on the way.

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/4-6-0Manual2020.pdf

tedyarbrough

Greetings InsideTrack,
Great news for sure! Looking forward to photos of the loco and the NEW TENDER! Thanks for sharing the manual.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

Mark Oles

@Chris9017,  I was also interested in the PRR version, but it looks they decided to make a standard line Big Hauler in the PRR scheme for the starter set called "The Cowcatcher" item 90040 in the 2021 catalog.  From the photo, it looks like at least the updated lead truck isn't included. 

Question for The Bachmann: Has the lead truck update made it down to the starter set locomotives? Are the electronics (PNP socket) included in that as well?

I read through the manual and that PNP socket in the tender for the Anniversary version looks great.  I love the optical chuff sensor with the two/four chuff option.  Well written manual.