bachmann Thomas on Trainworld TV

Started by the Bach-man, February 19, 2021, 10:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Bach-man

Hey. All!
I hope you all got to see the Thin Controller, VP Doug Blaine, on Trainworld TV!
A great presentation of all our new Thomas items!
Check it out!
the Bach-man

Armada Starscream

I saw it, it was wonderful!

Regarding generations of fans, that is what the Rev. Wilbert Awdry had said: He was not just writing for children, but for the parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles who were reading the stories to their children!

One thing that kinda bugs me though is the belief that Model Thomas is not 'real' modeling. On the contrary, the Thomas characters are based on real locomotives, and there are many Thomas modelers who modify existing models or even scratch-build models of their own to resemble the real Locos. For example, Ryan is a Great Northern Railway (GNR) Class N2, and Daisy is a modified British Rail (BR)/Metro-Cammell Class 101/102 DMU. Wilbert Awdry himself made model Railway layouts of his railways from the books! Its not too big a deal, I just wanted to mention that to me it feels a bit demeaning for our Thomas models to not be considered 'real.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xfdJz18Kqs

Thank you for a great livestream, and I personally can't wait to see more of Daisy and Ryan!