News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Extra Trucks

Started by billoberst, March 06, 2021, 11:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billoberst

I just noticed a plastic bag with 3 sets of trucks and what looks like Tender wheel sets and leading truck for the engine. Bachmann 80128 -4-4-0 anybody know why these were packed with engine. Thanks Bill

rich1998

If not by Bachmann, ask the supplier. Probably by accident. Sounds like no big deal. I have bought the 4-4-0 in the past. Possibly different style trucks. I think I saw a photo of that kit on eBay.

Rich

Terry Toenges

I looked on-line and found others with the bag of trucks.

Feel like a Mogul.

rich1998

Same here.Never saw that before.

Rich

Len

This is from a MRR review when these first came out back in 2007:

QuoteRoadname-specific details.

Our sample came decorated and detailed as Maine Central no. 84. The Bachmann engine has a tapered boiler and dome and stack arrangements similar to modernized 4-4-0s found on the MEC as well as other roads. The model has roadname-specific details, such as the cab type (wood or steel) and the headlight type (with or without visor), and bell, headlight, and classification light arrangements.

Our MEC sample has a factory-installed solid pilot and coal bunker. Two different types of user-installed spoked pilots as well as a footboard pilot and wood and oil bunkers are included.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

rich1998

Thank you for the history.

Rich

Terry Toenges

I was wishing I hadn't gone searching. I'm kind of liking that Great Northern one. Hmmm......
Feel like a Mogul.