STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2021, 06:41:26 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  N
| | |-+  4-6-0 tender
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 4-6-0 tender  (Read 313 times)
popsssss

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2021, 06:46:17 PM »

i have tender with high coal load in front. can't find any screws on underneath. how does shell come off
rich1998

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 12:37:29 AM »

Is this your tender?

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/N_BALDWIN_4-6-0_EXPLODE_DRAWING_N514X_(3).pdf

Rich
popsssss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 08:37:13 AM »

yes. i have 2 one dcc and 1 dcc with sound  one with sound has bad engine so need to get apart to change
ramarkn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 09:31:35 PM »

Mine are just a friction fit.  A tight fit but the shell will pop off, you may need a small screwdriver blade between the shell and frame to start the process.
popsssss

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 11:13:37 PM »

thanks i found the coal load pops out  then can get to screw that frees shell and dcc board, but that on good loco tender. now bad loco and tender i want to keep coal pops off  but dccw sound is in tight and i gues sound part is covering screw .  this is tender i want to keep .  might have to find someone to pay to do it.
DaveGard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 10:31:26 PM »

The tender shell for the 4-6-0 is not held by screws... it is just a (tight) press fit. Find the fine "crack" between the tender frame/chassis and the shell... gently slide the edge of a hobby knife into the crack, and gently wedge the shell upwards. You might have to work on both sides before it pops loose. It's likely you will loose just a little paint from the frame/chassis, which can be touched up with engine black acrylics. Good luck.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: