News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0 tender

Started by popsssss, March 01, 2021, 05:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popsssss

i have tender with high coal load in front. can't find any screws on underneath. how does shell come off

popsssss

yes. i have 2 one dcc and 1 dcc with sound  one with sound has bad engine so need to get apart to change

ramarkn

Mine are just a friction fit.  A tight fit but the shell will pop off, you may need a small screwdriver blade between the shell and frame to start the process.

popsssss

thanks i found the coal load pops out  then can get to screw that frees shell and dcc board, but that on good loco tender. now bad loco and tender i want to keep coal pops off  but dccw sound is in tight and i gues sound part is covering screw .  this is tender i want to keep .  might have to find someone to pay to do it.

DaveGard

The tender shell for the 4-6-0 is not held by screws... it is just a (tight) press fit. Find the fine "crack" between the tender frame/chassis and the shell... gently slide the edge of a hobby knife into the crack, and gently wedge the shell upwards. You might have to work on both sides before it pops loose. It's likely you will loose just a little paint from the frame/chassis, which can be touched up with engine black acrylics. Good luck.