Question and request for help identifying factory Screw sizes.

Started by Artist794, March 03, 2021, 04:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artist794

Hello,

I purchased a few Bachmann engines second hand online and found they are missing a few screws.  Is there a place or database to help identify what size and thread count screw listed on exploded diagrams are? I'm trying to find replacements without needed to but larger assembly off the part store and just by correct matching screws to match the factory ones.

More specifically here are the engines and screw numbers based on diagrams i'm looking for sizes/threads.

GE 70 Tonner:
Screw # 10549 & 10170

0-6-0 Saddle Tank:
Screw # 10310 & 10632

Any help would be greatly apperciated.

rich1998

I am not aware of anything like that. All I know is that the screws are Metric. The locos are made across the Pond. I have seen the question here before. Someone should be able to help you.

Rich

jonathan

If you head to the parts tab, HO section, and type "screw" into the search box, a bunch of choices pop up. For instance, there are four types of screws used to assemble the 70 tonner.

All the products are assembled in the same place overseas. Hence, there about a half dozen types of screws used to assemble all the HO products.  If you purchase several sizes for the HO products (they are cheap), chances are very good you'll get what you need.

I don't have the wherewithal to measure and determine screw sizes. I have found if you get the screws that Bachmann uses, they pretty much fit all their products.

Regards,

Jonathan