News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2021 On30 Annual

Started by Fred Klein, March 04, 2021, 10:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Klein

For anyone that's interested, the 2021 On30 Annual is now available for pre-order from White River Productions. Pre-order price is $22.00 plus free shipping. I just placed an order for my copy but I'm going to assume, based on past years that the book won't be available for a couple of months, which is a serious test of my patience  :D.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

p51

I wrote an article for this year's Annual as I have done in years past (this one is about the projects I did during the pandemic lockdown) and while I have gotten a PDF proof in the past, I didn't get one for my article in the 2020 annual nor have I gotten one for this one yet.
I ordered a copy as well yesterday as authors only get one copy and I always liked having an extra of everything in which I get published.
One thing's for sure, I've never seen a On30 Annual I didn't think was worth the cover price (though I must agree that cover price seems pretty steep). There's always something cool to look at.
-Lee

Fred Klein

P51,

Looking forward to reading your article. I've enjoyed all of yours that I've read so far. Now if that darned Annual would only get here....  ;D
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

p51

Quote from: Fred Klein on March 04, 2021, 03:13:20 PMLooking forward to reading your article. I've enjoyed all of yours that I've read so far.
Thanks, Fred!
Quote from: Fred Klein on March 04, 2021, 03:13:20 PMNow if that darned Annual would only get here....  ;D
Yeah, now the waiting begins...
-Lee

Ken Clark

Copy ordered, need to keep busy waiting now, need to get a writeup done for publication myself on the building of 2  20 foot boxcars from Peru
for my layout! should help pass the time..

Ken

ScottyB

Thanks for the reminder!

I have every single one. Can't miss out!
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

Fred Klein

Scotty,

I ordered my first issue of the Annual in 2018, thanks to a post from someone (can't remember who) on this forum. I thoroughly enjoyed it, so I ordered the 2019 and 2020 issues also, as well as my current order. In the meantime, so that I didn't get withdrawal symptoms, I ordered back issues through 2013. So now I have all of the issues from 2013 on and I'm looking forward to the 2021 issue. Hopefully, Bachmann will have something new that I can't live without.  ;)
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

p51

I swapped some emails with the editor this week about my article, and I've confirmed it's still being worked on right now.
-Lee

Fred Klein

Thank you for the heads-up, Lee. Looking forward to reading your article.

Fred
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

Fred Klein

FYI,

This morning, I sent an inquiry to White River Productions regarding the status of the On30 Annual. Here is the reply:

Fred,

Thank you so much for your patience! The editor pushed back the production schedule three separate times. Thankfully, it went to press officially about a week ago. We should have that in our warehouse later next week and be able to start shipping them back out the door.

Thank you,
Ellen

Hopefully, the Annual will be available soon.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

p51

Hmm. I was hoping I'd get to see a PDF of my article, but I don't think I got one last year, either for th same reason that they were pushing the publication back and didn't wanna delay for a additional moment by having writers check their stuff.
Like anyone else reading this thread, I really look forward to seeing the rest of it, as I've never seen one that I didn't like.
-Lee

p51

I just got my author's copy an hour ago. I haven't read it yet but I thumbed through it and they hit it out of the park again (my own 3 pages notwithstanding)!
-Lee

Fred Klein

Thanks for the update, Lee. That means there's hope yet for my copy getting here sometime soon. I have read and re-read and re-re-read all of my back issues so much that the pages are fading :D (just kidding). I'm looking forward to getting the new annual soon.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

Fred Klein

Yeee-Haaaww and Halelelujah!!! It is finally here!! About two hours ago, our mail-lady delivered my copy of the 2021 On30 Annual. To say that I am ecstatic would be a major understatement. I've only had a chance to leaf through it but I have to agree with Lee, White River hit it out of the park again. I did take the time to read Lee's article and really enjoyed it. Great article, Lee!. Anyway, that's all the news for now. I'm going to my recliner and do some serious reading.

So long for now.
Fred Klein
Okeechobee, FL

Ken Clark

My copy showed up here in the GWN yesterday, another excellent volume for reading and day dreaming about the ideas presented.

Just need to get a few projects out of the way before tackling some of them!.  ;D