Help with DCC decoder installation

Started by pjmurray, March 06, 2021, 09:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjmurray

My grandson and I have recently become involved with HO Scale and have been using Analog.  I just ordered a DCC Controller and have a HO EMD E7 Diesel which is DCC Ready with an 8 Pin Plug.  I have ordered the decoder to install and have had luck with video's showing the installation.  What I haven't been able to find is anything regarding how to remove the shell.  I'm new to this so have not had any experience in removing the shell.  Any suggestions.  Thanks, PJM

Len

If you remove the fuel tank, it should uncover four screws that hold the shell on. You may also have to remove the front coupler.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

rich1998

also look in the information page. You will get one with the loco.

Rich

pjmurray

Thanks for the help on how to remove the shell.  Removing the tank revealed the four screws to take off it off.  I did have to remove the front coupler as well.  Appreciate the help.  Grandson will be impressed that Grampa was able to install the decoder, but I'll have to explain to him I learned it from some great folks on the Bachmann Message Board.

rich1998

Assumptions sometimes have to be made with the diagram page I have found out over the years when it comes to removing the covers.
I was going to suggest the DZ126PS to plug in. Good for one amp and really small but you must have already ordered.

Rich