News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Liberty Bell Limited

Started by RyansPaPa, December 30, 2007, 12:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyansPaPa

I purchased a used Bachmann Liberty Bell Limted for my grandson as a display in his bedroom. He wants to run it, so I hooked it up and have found that I can't get some of the functions to work.
Does anyone have a copy of the instruction manual that they could email to me?

Jon D. Miller

The Liberty Bell was first cataloged in 1995.  It will have the Version 4 drive train.

The only instructions that came with a Big Hauler was an owner's manual. You might be able to get one from Bachmann Industries.

You will find information on the Big Hauler at George Schreyer's web site.

http://www.girr.org/girr/tips/tips.html

George's site should answer some of your questions.  There's not much to do to get the locomotive's functions to work.  It only has chuff and a smoke generator.  A 9 volt battery is used to power the chuff.  It goes under the water hatch on the tender.  Smoke off-on switch is behind the smoke box door on the front of the smoke box.  Don't count on getting much if any smoke from this unit.

Do a complete lubrication of the engine.  George's site will help you understand what is required.

Good luck.
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

RyansPaPa

Thanks for the info. I was having trouble with the sound, but took the drive train cover off the bottom and found a wire off of a switch at one of the wheels. Fixed it and now it works again.  Train seems pretty simple over all, however I have an Aristo-craft caboose that won't couple with the Bachmann knuckles. Guess I may have to get new knuckle couplers?

grumpy

If you close up both couplers you can slide one on to the other. You can also open up the the moveable part of the Aristocraft coupler with a round file to make it work.
Don

RyansPaPa

Thanks for the info. I did make the two connect by closing both and sliding them together as you said, but that is a royal pain in the butt. I will look on eBay and try to find matching couplers that I can adapt to the cars.

grumpy

Go to Kadee couplers they will fix you up . If you get frustrated by the website give them a call they will be glad to help. Replace ment costs about 6 -$7.00